- The biggest event of the Department is the Night of English Language and Literature, when students perform an English play, conduct songs and dance gigs, and write their own poem or essays. Some English plays that have been performed include "Our Town", "Shakespeare in Love", "A Mid-Summer Night's Dream", "As You Like It", and "The Matchmaker". All the professors and students are invited and enjoy their fellowship.
In fall, the Department administers an "English Literary Festival", where students write their own English poems or essays. Students who get a prize have an opportunity to read their work on the Night of English Language and Literature, and to be awarded a much sought-after scholarship.
- During semesters and/or vacations, the Department provides students with special workshops designed to help them enhance their English abilities such as TOEIC Speaking/Writing Workshops and Career English Workshops. These workshops are offered by native-speaker professors and consist of less than five students in order to accommodate each student's needs and interests. In addition, human resources experts are occasionally invited to give speeches on interview technique and how to write a good resume and cover letters.
- Given the fact that skilled English presentation is required nowadays at companies or academic institutions, the Department administers English Presentation Contests, where students in pairs or individually give an English presentation on the topic of their choice, using PowerPoint. Students who are awarded a prize can one of a limited number of scholarships.
- Graduates from the Department in various areas are invited to share their experiences of, and strategies for, applying to and getting a job..
- During semesters, native-speaker professors offer Book Discussion Clubs, where students read renowned English fiction or non-fictions and share their thoughts.
- On Homecoming Day in May, all graduates, current students, and professors get together and enjoy dinner and conversations.